Ionian Sea, Greece September 15 - 21, 2019
Ionian Sea, Greece September 15 - 21, 2019
Your SwimVacation will include:
• Six nights aboard a fabulous sailing yacht
• All breakfasts, all lunches and 5 dinners, freshly prepared meals and drinks (casual meals, open bar).
• Guided swims in beautiful places (usually two per day)
• Stroke and Open Water Swimming technique clinics (optional)
• Access to all amenities aboard the yacht
Pricing & Payment
Please contact us for availability prior to booking
Click Here to pay by check
At this time, full balance is due upon registration.
Included in the per-person prices below: all meals and drinks except for one dinner off the boat, upscale accommodations on a private sailing yacht, 2 amazing swims per day, and all activities. Travel insurance is highly recommended.
Not included: optional gratuity for your crew (10-15% is customary).
This trip will have a maximum of 6 guests, and two SwimVacation guides.
Shared Split Stateroom – $3995 pp
Queen Stateroom Double Occupancy - $3995 pp
Queen Stateroom Single Occupancy - $6995 pp
All swims are guided, with at least two SwimVacation staff members swimming with the group, or one watching over us from a standup paddle board or dinghy. We do not race. We tour the underwater sites and have fun. You can go hard, or you can go easy. Elite swimmers will be offered longer swims. Tour locations change every day, depending on weather and the desires of our guests.
Swims are tailored to meet the needs of swimmers with different abilities. With only six swimming guests per trip, two small groups may be formed, and each group may create different goals. Ocean swimming is our passion, and it’s the focus of activity on your SwimVacation.
The clear waters of the Mediterranean allow us to take videos of your stroke right in the open water during the first 2 days of your trip. On the second or third night we have a video review and collaborative stroke analysis. During the week we also cover open water swimming techniques such as safety, sighting and navigation, buoy turns, pack swimming and drafting and race strategy.
We choose our vessels from a large fleet of upscale catamaran yachts that are available to us in the Greek Islands.
Food & Beverage
Enjoy freshly prepared meals, three times daily (one dinner will be on shore and not included in your trip fare). All trips have an open bar, which includes a large selection of beer, wine, liquor, and soft drinks. Water and snacks will be available before, during, and after your swims. Special dietary needs can be accommodated to a certain extent.
There are lots of possibilities for play in the Ionian Islands. Snorkeling, stand up paddle boarding, shopping, running, hiking, and napping are just a few.
Our trip begins on Sunday, September 15 at noon and ends on Saturday, September 21 at 900 am.
We will be leaving from and returning to Lefkas Marina on the island of Lefkada.
Your most efficient and cheapest options for travel to our departure point:
1. Fly round trip from your home airport to London's Gatwick Airport (LGW), or to Heathrow (LHR) then transfer to Gatwick (LGW). From there, look at round trip flights from Gatwick Airport (LGW) to Preveza (PVK). We can help you arrange a taxi from the PVK airport to your choice of hotel in Lefkada, where you would stay prior to charter.
2. Fly roundtrip to Athens, spend as many days there as you like, then research flights from Athens to the island of Lefkada for just before and just after our charter dates.
3. Fly roundtrip to Athens, spend as many days there as you like, then we will arrange a comfortable car transfer for you early on the morning of Sunday September 15 to our point of departure on Lefkada. This scenic journey will be in a private car, potentially with other SwimVacation guests and a SwimVacation guide, and will take approximately 4 to 4.5 hours. We can provide you with a description of the route, which is very historic and scenic and a great way to see some of the Greek countryside. This car service is certified by the Greek Tourism Board and your driver will be very knowledgeable about Greece and its rich history. We will arrange a mid-trip stop of interest with your driver en route. You would return to Athens this same way on Saturday September 21, either to the airport or a hotel of your choice depending on your plans. Round trip, this transfer will likely be around $300 - $350, potentially less, depending on the number of people who opt for this route.
As you plan your travel, remember to stay flexible, be open to adventure and have patience! And remember that we are happy to help you plan and book any and all portions of your journey.
A valid passport with an expiration date not less than 6 months after your return is now required for all trips to Greece. If you do not have one or need to renew, start now.
Be sure to switch to an international plan before your trip, or get a Skype account. Our yacht has sometimes speedy / sometimes spotty wifi.
Costs not covered by your charter / SwimVacation fee:
Ground Transportation and transfers
One dinner, night TBD, on shore
At the end of the cruise, please consider leaving a gratuity for your boat crew. The customary amount is 10% to 15%, but this is completely up to you and how much you enjoyed your charter.
Greece currently levies a departure tax of €12 for each traveler.
All SwimVacation customers must be self insured for medical and repatriation costs, and for all activities you will pursue on your vacation. Many health insurance policies to not cover costs related to these activities. For the best rates and options, we recommend www.Insuremytrip.com